Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

back to school

Today, we took a train ride from Dublin to Carlow, which in my opinion is a great way to travel. When traveling by train you just get on and sit for the duration of your ride. The seats have much more room than a car, and today we sat at a table so you could play cards or something. Today I just read and looked out the window at the country and saw some sheep for the first time of the trip. The train ride also reminded me of Harry Potter, especially when the snack cart came by.
After the ride we had about a fifteen minute hike to the Carlow Guest House Bed and Breakfast. We dropped off our things and then walked a little ways to Abrakebabrah where we had lunch and realized the the Irish like to put mayonnaise on a lot of things. After lunch we walked about twenty minutes to the Carlow Institute of Technology where we will be working for three days. We met the Irish students and visited for a little bit and found out that they do not have to pay for their first degree. Then we were divided into twelve groups for a charette. For our project will focus on sustainability, my group in particular on growing food. Other group's topics are things like water, light, and temperature control. I think that this project will be very interesting, as I have learned a bit a about sustainability but have not incorporated it into a project yet.

2 comments:

Allison Marshall said...

I am jealous of you! I have always wanted to ride on a train! And I am glad you got to see some countryside! I like these continued Harry Potter references, by the way!!
I hope you keep taking pictures. You should post some on your blog too, so we know these places where you are talking about.
I am excited to hear about your project, especially that it relates to sustainability. It sounds very "you", and something that you are going to love doing!!!
I miss you! Keep updating!

CeeCee said...

Abrakebabrah? IS THAT FOR REAL?!

Post a Comment